How to Select Your New Puppy
1. Research different breeds and decide which one will fit your lifestyle. Consider factors such as size, activity level, and temperament.
2. Visit a reputable breeder and ask questions. Make sure the puppies have been socialized and that the environment is clean.
3. Choose a puppy that is alert, healthy, and active. Avoid any puppies that are lethargic, have a runny nose, or other signs of illness.
4. Spend some time with the puppy and observe its behavior. Look for signs of aggression or fearfulness.
5. Ask the breeder for information about the puppy's parents and their health history.
6. Have the puppy examined by a veterinarian before bringing it home.
7. Prepare your home for the arrival of the puppy. Make sure you have the necessary supplies, such as a crate, food, toys, and bedding.
8. Train and socialize your puppy as soon as possible. This will help it adjust to its new home and become a happy, well-adjusted pet.